1. Admission qualifications listed in Item 7 of the Thammasat University’s Bachelor Degree Regulations (1997)
1.1 Applicants shall not be diagnosed with communicable infectious disease, socially disgusted diseases or diseases which will impede the learning
1.3 Applicants shall not have convicted of any offence a crime or have not been charged with any offence.
1.4 Applicants shall not have any students’ status or currently be enrolled at any other higher education institution in Thailand
Applicants shall have one of the following qualifications:
• Successfully completed secondary school or high vocational certificate or diploma or equivalent
• Successfully received a Bachelor Degree from Thammasat University
• Successfully received a Bachelor Degree or equivalent from other higher education institution endorsed by Thammasat University Council.
• Applicants have been approved by Thammasat University Council.
2. Completion of four semesters of Mathayom 4-5 or equivalent with minimum GPA 2.8 or
• Applicants with GED diploma must obtain a minimum score of 2800 in total
• Applicants with NEW GED diploma must obtain a minimum score of 660 in total and at least 165 scores in each subject
• Applications with GCE, GCSE and IGCSE must obtain at least grade C in five different subjects
• Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) results are required to have at least “4” in five different subjects
3. One of the following English proficiency test results:
• TOEFL: a minimum score of 500 on pBT/ 60 on iBT/ 170 on cBT
• IELTS: a minimum overall grade of 5.5
• TU-GET: a minimum score of 500
• NEW SAT: a minimum score of 50% on Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
1. General knowledge in Political Science 50%
2. English Essay in Political Science 50%
Only 250 essays of highest score applicants will be marked.
3. Interview Examination
Information for BIR Admission
For applicants residing in Thailand
For applicants residing outside Thailand
Download Application Form:
- BIR application form for applicants residing outside Thailand
- Letter of Authority