In order to gain credits, students must complete their third-year coursework first. This summer internship and training program opens the opportunity for students to gain first-hand work experience with the organization that complements their field of study. It also allows students to apply theoretical knowledge to more practical use.
1. Students may submit the “Internship (form 1)” (a form notifying the program of the internship decision and request for documents from the program to be sent to the intended organization) to the office only twice.
2. Students need to find an organization that offers internship opportunities by themselves. The documents required for the internship (a letter from the BMIR program to the organization requesting for an internship opportunity on behalf of the students and a letter of confirmation from the host organization to the BIR Program) must be obtained and submitted within the specified timeframe (from October 26th, 2020 - January 29th, 2021). The “Internship (form 2)” (a form informing the organization the name(s) of student who will be interning at the organization) must be completed and handed into the office by April 9th, 2021.
Attention! – After the organization makes the decision and issues the letter approving the internship, the student cannot make changes or abort the decision without valid reasons and approval from the program. If the student chooses to intern at a different organization, the student is responsible for informing the organization requested and approved of his/her decision and reasons, and the internship will not be credited nor graded.
Academic Calendar 2021
|May 2022||Internship Orienation|
|6 June - 29 July 2022||Internship Program Period|
|~ July 2022|
|~ August 2022|
Internship Online Form
Form 1 (NOW - 11 FEB 2022)
Form 2 (within 20 APR 2022)
Evaluation Form [ 1st Evaluation / Final Evaluation]
** for internship supervisor (organization)
BIR’s Internship Evaluation Criteria: Total of 100 points
Part 1 : BIR (50 points)
1.1 Internship Supervision (Focus group / Skype / Zoom) : 5 points
1.2 Internship report : 45 points [length: 12-15 pages not including tables, charts and pictures & font: Times New Roman 12 with single-spaced]. The report should comprise of 4 elements:
1. Organization’s structure, objectives, and tasks
2. Weekly journal
3. Self – assessment (benefits from internship / strength / weaknesses)
4. Linkage with theories and approaches
Part 2 : Internship Supervisor (50 points)
2.1 First Evaluation : 20 points
2.2 Final Evaluation : 30 points
In case the first evaluation is below 10 points, an in-charge lecturer will discuss the student’s responsibilities and performance with the student and his/her supervisor.
Internship Program Overview (Happy Hour Attachment)
Internship Evaluation Criteria: TBA