In order to gain credits, students must complete their third-year coursework first. This summer internship and training program opens the opportunity for students to gain first-hand work experience with an organization that complements their field of study. It also allows students to apply theoretical knowledge to more practical use.
1. Students may submit the “Internship Request Form” in order to inform the program of the internship decision and request for documents from the program to be sent to the intended organization.
2. Students need to find an organization that offers internship opportunities themselves. The documents required for the internship (a letter from the BIR program to the organization requesting an internship opportunity on behalf of the students and a letter of confirmation from the host organization to the BIR Program) must be obtained and submitted within the specified timeframe (see the schedule below).
The “Secured Internship Form” (a form notifying the organization of the name(s) of the student who will be interning at the organization) must be completed and handed into the office within the specified timeframe (see the schedule below).
Attention! – After the organization makes the decision and issues the letter approving the internship, the student cannot make changes or abort the decision without valid reasons and approval from the program. If the student chooses to intern at a different organization, the student is responsible for informing the organization that requested and approved of his/her decision and reasons, and the internship will not be credited nor graded.
|Internship Form||Period of Request||Online Request|
|1. Internship Request Form||Now - 31 March 2023||Internship Request Form|
|2. Secured Internship Form||Wihtin 28 April 2023||Secured Internship Form|
*It is subject to change upon the situation. The revised version will be updated in Internship 63's Google Classroom
Academic Calendar 2022
|7 November 2022||Happy Hour: Internship (12.00-12.30 PM)|
|May 2023||Internship Orientation|
|June - July 2023||Internship Program Period|
|end of July 2023|
|early August 2023|
>> 1st Evaluation TBA / TBA
>> Final Evaluation TBA / TBA
** for internship supervisor (organization)
BIR’s Internship Evaluation Criteria: Total of 100 points
Part 1 : BIR (50 points)
1.1 Internship Supervision (Focus group / Zoom) : 5 points
1.2 Internship report : 45 points [length: 12-15 pages not including tables, charts and pictures & font: Times New Roman 12 with single-spaced]. The report should comprise of 4 elements:
1. Organization’s structure, objectives, and tasks
2. Weekly journal
3. Self – assessment (benefits from internship / strength / weaknesses)
4. Linkage with theories and approaches
Part 2 : Internship Supervisor (50 points)
2.1 First Evaluation : 20 points
2.2 Final Evaluation : 30 points
In case the first evaluation is below 10 points, an in-charge lecturer will discuss the student’s responsibilities and performance with the student and his/her supervisor.
Internship Program Overview (Happy Hour Attachment)
Internship Evaluation Criteria: TBA