Visa Information

Visa Information :
The purpose of foreigner whose stay in the Kingdom of Thailand is education at full-time university studies must obtain Non-Immigrant Visa “ED” (Education) 

A Non-Immigrant Visa “ED” visa will be issued to foreign students. Royal Thai Consulates or Royal Thai Consulate-General are authorised to issue this type of visa to applicants who are able to prove that they have been accepted by an advanced study program in Thailand.    

Required Documents
To obtain a non-immigrant visa, the following documents are required:
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
2. Visa application form completely filled out
3. Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
4. Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institute/organization
5. Academic record and the Student ID (if currently studying)

• Embassy or Consulate officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
• The document to be submitted for non-immigrant visa application is contingent upon necessities and appropriateness of purposes stated in the application form
• Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, they are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.

Visa fee
Please kindly contact the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in your country.

Validity of your visa
There are two type of Non-Immigrant Visa “ED” 
• Single-Entry
Students who hold this type of visa are suggested to apply for re-entry visa after their arrival since it will    be very convenient for them to leave the country and be back again.
• Multiple-Entry

The holders of non-immigrant visas are initially granted a period of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand no more than 90 days unless otherwise instructed by Immigration Bureau. 

For Multiple-Entry
• Students are required to go leave the country every 90 days. When they get back to Thailand, they will get 90 more days automatically.
• Students are also allowed to extending their visa but please inform BMIR Office
• As soon as multiple entry visa holder extend it, such multiple-entry visa status will be expired automatically and change to single-entry.

For Single-Entry
• Students who hold single entry visa are required to extend their visa at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok before your visa expires.
• Students who hold single-entry visa and want to go out of the country are required to apply for Re-entry Permit
• If not, they’ll lose your non-immigrant visa and need to apply for a new one.
Extension of your stay
The Immigration Bureau will allow foreigners to stay in Thailand not over 1 year for each extension. Please get the visa request form from BMIR Office at least one month in advance before the expiry date of your visa.

Students are required to fill in the BMIR Program request for visa extension form to obtain verification letter from the program. Once the letter has been issued, the following are documents required by Immigration Bureau.

Required Documents
1. Immigration Forms
• Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom (TM. 7)
• Acknowledgement of the Conditions for Permitted Continuation of Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand (TM.2)
• Acknowledgment of Penalties for a Visa Overstay
2. Student Verification Letter from Program
3. Copy of passport (Pages relevant to Kingdom of Thailand)
4. A 4 cm. X 6 cm. size photo
5. A 1,900 baht Fee
6. Transcript or Course Registration or Course Receipt

Notification report (90 Days Report)

Required Documents
1. Immigration form No. 47 (90 days report form)
2. Passport
3. Your departure card (TM.6)
4. Previous receipt of notifications (if any)

Failure to do notification report can result in a fine of 2,000 THB, and can be increased up to 5,000 THB once you get arrested with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

However, if you leave Thailand anytime during the 90-day period, then the day count will restart from upon the arrival date of your re-entry into Thailand.

Re-entry VISA
If you are planning to take several trips outside Thailand, it is advisable to apply for a re-entry permit, especially for those who hold a single-entry visa

There are two types of Re-entry Visa;

1. Single Re-Entry type
• You need to pay 1,000 THB every time you visit other countries and
2. Multiple Re-Entry type:
• You need to pay 3,800 THB for one visa period and you can go out of Thailand for unlimited of time.
• It is highly recommended to apply for multiple type if you plan to go out of Thailand more than 3 times.
This website uses cookies for best user experience, to find out more you can go to our Privacy Policy  and  Cookies Policy